Call it Murphy’s Law, or maybe just a little unluckiness, but we sometimes see heat pump problems in Lake Forest during the winter time, when they’re required to keep you comfortable. While you know the team at 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. will constantly be there ASAP when you ask for us for a heat pump repair, there are some things you can do to ensure a repair is important and save yourself some money if it’s not. We’ve gathered this checklist of things to attempt before you give us a call.
- It may sound strange, but make sure everything is switched “on”. We’ve been to several calls only to find the thermostat or the heat pump itself is set to off.
If the heat pump still hasn’t kicked on, revisit your thermostat.
- Is the thermostat set to heat? If yes, increase the temperature by five degrees to see if it kicks on.
- If everything looks right, inspect your heat pump switch (if it has one) and check the fuses and circuit breaker that shield the extra heating element (if it has one).
Is an impasse causing your heat pump to fail?
- Try replacing the battery, if it has one.
- Inspect your air filters inside your air handler to confirm they’re not blocking things up.
- Are your room heating registers open and unbarred?
If you’ve gone through this checklist and you still need a heat pump maintenance check, call 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. at 949-204-0859 and we’ll restore your home back to the welcoming and cozy place you expect this time of year.