As we get deeper in to November and the temperature begins to dip, we’re faced with the impending decision of when to flip on the heat. For some people, that time has already come and for others, it is looming large. Of course with colder months quickly approaching now is the time to take in to consideration replacing your home’s furnace because no one wants their furnace to go kaput in the middle of the coldest day of the month.
So when the time comes to replace your furnace, how do you know whether you should go with an oil furnace or a gas furnace? Well we’re here to help answer that for you. After all, there’s no good reason for being bundled up in the middle of January because you didn’t know your furnace was going to go out.
Take a few moments and read what both types of furnaces can offer and give us a call at 949-204-0859 if you have any other questions.
- Up-front cost is less than gas furnaces
- Give more heat than other furnaces
- Easily serviced by the oil delivery company
- Maintenance can be more intensive because of dirt and grim buildup
- Fuel costs are higher than gas furnaces
- Less efficient than gas furnaces
- More efficient than oil furnaces
- Cheaper fuel compared to oil furnaces
*Note: your home must be in an area where a gas supply is available
- Not as much maintenance required
- Provides less heat than oil furnaces
- Up-front cost is 10-25% more than similar sized oil furnaces
No matter which furnace you choose, your comfort should never be compromised, so make sure you make the most informed decision possible. If you happen to have any questions as you go through the process, don’t waver in giving 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. in Lake Forest a call at 949-204-0859. We’re more than happy to help solve all of your furnace questions.