When it’s chilly in Lake Forest you depend on your furnace to keep you cozy. If it’s been a while since your system had maintenance, you could have a furnace repair appointment in your future. Even if your system appears to be running well, you may need to clean or replace your air filter. A dirty air filter can block air flow, impact your furnace’s efficiency and affect the limit switch that controls furnace operation.
There are different reasons you could require a furnace repair. The quicker you can call for a furnace repair, the better. If you notice any of the following evidence, call in an expert, like 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc..
1. Your furnace is loud. You might have a problem if your furnace starts running loudly or making noises that are unfamiliar.
2. Your blower isn’t operating properly. Is it running enough? Is it running without stopping? Does the air flow seem weak? You might have a problem with your air filter or furnace blower.
3. Your home isn’t heating up enough. Have you turned up the thermostat again and again but don’t feel like the temperature is what it should be? This could suggest a few different problems. It could be an issue with your thermostat. It may be something to do with your gas source or pilot light. It could even be that your furnace isn’t large enough for your space.
4. Your utility bill keeps climbing. Your usage isn’t changing but your bill keeps increasing. This could signal several different problems. Your HVAC expert will help sort out what’s going amiss.
5. You smell gas. This is critical. If you smell gas, shut down your furnace right away and close off its gas supply. Don’t light any matches or turn on lights until your HVAC expert or your gas company has a chance to inspect your system.
6. You find water gathering around your furnace. This is the result of a clogged condensation line. It may need both plumbing and HVAC experts to remedy.
You’ll know when you need to schedule furnace repair now that you’re familiar with these common symptoms. The team at 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. will be there when you need us. Call us at [[phonenumber]] or use our online scheduler to make an appointment.