During the cold Lake Forest months, your furnace is your best friend—except for when your system breaks down and becomes your worst enemy. Hopefully, this won’t occur in your house, keeping you and your furnace on friendly terms. However, if it happens, a simple call to 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. will get you warm and comfortable quickly. We’ve got some indicators you should look for to help you establish if you’re in need a furnace repair—hopefully before you’re in an emergency repair situation. Call 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. as soon as possible if you see any of these issues:
- You smell gas. Shut down your furnace instantly and shut off its gas supply if you smell gas. Don’t light a match or anything else that produces a flame and don’t turn on your lights until your furnace can be evaluated by your HVAC expert or your gas company.
- Your home is too chilly. If you’re frequently turning up the thermostat, yet you’re still cold, a furnace repair may be in order. While this could be a symptom of a problem with your thermostat, it could also mean your furnace is too small for your space.
- Your furnace is noisy. If you notice a change in the sounds coming from your furnace and it’s not the typical noise, it’s probably time for a repair visit.
- Your utility bill is climbing without increased usage. If you’re operating your furnace as you usually do but notice an increase in your energy bill, there are a few different problems you could be experiencing. Your professional from 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. can identify what the problem is.
- Your blower isn’t working correctly. If your blower isn’t running enough or, on the other hand, is running all the time, you could have a problem. It might be a something as small as an air filter problem or something as big as a motor problem. We’ll help you find out what the problem is.
Now that you know how to tell when you need a furnace repair, call us and we are happy to help. If your furnace is operating fine, keep it that way with a preventive maintenance visit. Just call 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. at 949-204-0859 or arrange an appointment with us online.