Having regular air conditioning service done at least once a year can help prolong the life of your air conditioner and keep it operating at top efficiency. Before we get to the warmest days of the Lake Forest season, have the professionals at 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. complete your annual air conditioning service.
Particular tasks should always be finished during a usual air conditioning service appointment. As stated by energy.gov, your technician should always:
- Check for the accurate amount of refrigerant, and if needed, examine for refrigerant leaks using a leak detector.
- If a refrigerant evacuation is needed, reclaim any refrigerant that must be emptied from the system, instead of illicitly releasing it to the environment.
- Check for efficient airflow throughout the system.
- Confirm the right electric control sequence to make sure of correct sequence of operation.
- Inspect electric terminals, clean and stiffen connections.
- Inspect the precision of the thermostat.
When it comes to DIY air conditioning service, changing or cleaning your air filters regularly is on the top of the list. That’s because nothing else that easy can help guarantee your air conditioner continues to work at peak efficiency. Besides when the air filter is cleaned or changed during your yearly air conditioning service appointment, you should examine it frequently. We suggest looking at it every month or according to the manufacturer’s recommendation. How often it actually needs cleaning or replacement will be dependent on individual aspects in your home, like how much dust comes into your home and whether or not you have pets.
If it’s time for your annual air conditioner service or if you have questions about air filters or another aspect of air conditioner maintenance, call 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. today at 949-204-0859.