Summer is here! Many of us are ready for warmer weather and some relaxing summer days. To boost your comfort and really relax, ensure your air conditioner is ready for the summer heat. One of the keys to a enjoyable summer in Lake Forest is a trustworthy, efficient air conditioner. While 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. consistently recommends staying current with annual preventive air conditioning service, we’ve got numerous tips to help keep your air conditioner running over the summer.
- First, another chance to remind you of the golden rule of HVAC: Check your air filter routinely! Replace it according to the manufacturer’s suggestion.
- Uncover your air conditioning unit if you had it covered for the cold season. Running your air conditioner in advance of removing the cover can severely damage it and cause you costly air conditioner service calls.
- Plants, leaves, tall grass and debris located close to your outside unit can lessen your AC’s performance. cut the grass, remove any debris and eliminate overgrowth that impedes on your unit before you turn it on this summer. be mindful to check the surroundings at least monthly to keep it open and increase airflow through your air conditioner.
- To ensure the best air quality and that your air conditioner is operating efficiently, have your ducts cleared out regularly. It’s also a great idea to have your ducts examined for leaks to ensure all that cooled air is going where it should and not getting out through gaps.
- Consider setting up a programmable thermostat to provide assistance to manage the efficiency of your air conditioner.
- Evaluate the slab your air conditioner unit is placed on.
These easy steps can save you from additional air conditioning service and keep you cool and comfortable all summer long. If you need to arrange your annual air conditioner service, or if you are interesting in any more tips or information to help get your air conditioner ready for summer and keep it running smoothly, call 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. in Lake Forest at 949-204-0859 today.