You can’t control the weather, but you can control how much you’re spending to stay comfortable no matter the weather. While it might not be the initial thing that comes to your mind, getting an annual furnace service is an ideal way to keep from spending too much on your utility bills and now is the ideal time to get that scheduled. The pros at 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. have assembled a number of tips to help you save some money this coming season.
- Furnace Service—As we mentioned before, furnace service can help save you in multiple ways. It can help you catch small problems before they become major problems, and it can help make sure your system is operating at its best.
- Thermostat Adjustment—Changing the temperature on your thermostat even a couple degrees can make a huge difference on your energy bill. Month after month those savings will really add up. If you’re having difficulty getting used to the present temperature, try adjusting it gradually, perhaps a degree a day. Your body will quickly adjust to the new temperature.
- Change Your Filter—Changing your furnace filter is one of the most effortless and most beneficial things a homeowner can do. A clogged filter will keep air from passing through freely, which will cause your system to work harder, which hikes up your utility bills.
- Address Drafts—Windows and doors might be causing you to lose a lot of heat and money. Caulk and weather-stripping are easy ways to tackle drafts.
- Efficiency Check—When your 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. technician is over for your yearly furnace service, inquire about the efficiency level of your unit. They can assist you in deciding if it is time to explore getting a more energy-efficient model, which could help save you money without hindering your comfort.
It’s always the right time to start saving money. Of course there are additional ways to save money, but hopefully this will get you off on the right foot. If you need to schedule your regular furnace service or have any other questions about your home comfort give us a call at 949-204-0859.