There’s no getting around the changing weather in Lake Forest, it’s something we all have to adjust for and make changes to accommodate. While it still may not be at the front of your mind, the time is getting closer to start using your cooling system. This, of course, means that it’s the ideal time to schedule annual air conditioner service as well, but possibly not in the way that you had thought before.
Energy savings comes in a number shapes and forms, to include:
- Air Conditioner Service. Many homeowners strictly associate air conditioner service with switching out filters, but having a tune-up done can help your system run more smoothly, providing you with efficient comfort that could help you save on your monthly cooling expenses.
- Take It Down A Notch. Altering the temperature on your thermostat even a few degrees can help you save consistently during the year. It’s pretty obvious, but when your system doesn’t have to work as often, you don’t have to pay as much in energy costs.
- Filters. Another easy fix that most every homeowner can complete on their own, switching air conditioner filters every month or two during the cooling season helps air pass through more easily, making less work for your air conditioner.
- Defeat Drafts. It’s not difficult to lose a lot of your cooled air to drafty windows and doors, so be sure to utilize caulk and weatherstripping to close those irritating holes and keep the cool air indoors to enjoy.
- High Efficiency. When your 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. technician stops by for your annual air conditioner service, ask about your current system’s efficiency level and what higher efficiency models are available. Choosing higher efficiency can provide you with the same level of comfort, while helping decrease your monthly energy bills.
Everyone likes to save a few dollars here and there, and by no means is this list the end-all be-all, but there are a few basic ways to help maximize your comfort when the temperatures go down in Lake Forest. Whether you’re calling to set up annual air conditioner service or simply want to know which air conditioner filter is ideal for your system, give the pros at 1st Choice Heating & Air Conditioning, Inc. a call at 949-204-0859 or schedule an appointment online to start saving a little more today.